While cocaine is often glamorised in TV and films, when the reality behind that portrayal becomes stark, it is often too late. Being caught in the cycle of cocaine addiction is a lonely place but it is important to understand that this isolation is a mirage. In truth, there is help available with professional cocaine rehab centres like Banbury Lodge dedicated to helping you set a new course for your life and build a brighter, happier future.
What is cocaine rehab?
Cocaine rehab is a comprehensive drug rehab programme designed to help you overcome your physical and psychological dependence on cocaine. You can undergo outpatient or inpatient cocaine rehab with the duration depending on your own unique needs, motivation and response to treatment.
Outpatient cocaine rehab treatment involves visiting a clinic or facility for therapy sessions while living at home. Inpatient cocaine rehab involves living at a residential cocaine rehab centre while undergoing therapy and treatment. Inpatient cocaine rehab provides round-the-clock medical and emotional support and removes you from temptation and negative influences.
At Banbury Lodge, we provide inpatient cocaine rehab because we believe it is the most effective way to achieve cocaine recovery.
What are the benefits of cocaine rehab?
Cocaine rehab can completely transform your life and future prospects. Just some of the benefits of cocaine rehab include:
A safe and supportive environment: Inpatient cocaine rehab provides a controlled and immersive recovery environment where you can commit to making effective changes, free from the distractions and stressors of everyday life.
- Professional support: Cocaine rehab centres like Banbury Lodge offer professional support from experienced specialists who are trained to address the unique challenges of cocaine recovery.
- Structured treatment programmes: Cocaine rehab programmes provide a structured itinerary of activities and therapies that are designed to promote healing, growth and long-term success.
- Medical support: Cocaine rehab has on-hand medical staff to monitor and manage any medical issues that arise during the recovery process.
- Peer support: Cocaine rehab enables you to connect with others who are going through similar experiences, providing a sense of community and peer support.
- Relapse prevention: Cocaine rehab will help you develop the skills and strategies needed to prevent relapse and maintain long-term cocaine recovery.
- Improved mental health: Cocaine rehab addresses underlying mental health issues that may be contributing to your condition, helping you to improve your overall mental health and well-being.
- Better quality of life: Ultimately, cocaine rehab offers you the opportunity to achieve a better quality of life, free from the destructive effects of cocaine dependency, and able to live a healthy, fulfilling life in cocaine recovery.
Do I need cocaine rehab?
Starting cocaine rehab as soon as possible is so important because it will enable you to get the condition under control and start to make the necessary changes. If you’re unsure whether you need cocaine rehab, here are some questions to ask yourself:
- Have I tried to quit using cocaine but keep relapsing?
- Do I spend a lot of time and money on cocaine?
- Has my use of cocaine caused problems in my personal or professional life?
- Have I experienced negative physical or psychological effects from using cocaine?
- Do I experience irresistible cravings for cocaine?
- Do I keep using cocaine even though it is causing issues in my life?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, cocaine rehab may be the right choice for you.
Cocaine rehab at Banbury Lodge
At Banbury Lodge, we offer inpatient cocaine rehab that provides a comprehensive approach to treatment, addressing every aspect of your condition.
Cocaine detox is often the first step in our programme, as it helps you to break the physical dependence on the drug. This process is overseen by medical professionals who will monitor you and provide any necessary support to manage withdrawal symptoms.
With the physical aspect of your condition effectively addressed, you will then undergo a range of different cocaine recovery therapies. These include:
During your one-to-one therapy sessions, your therapist will work closely with you to identify underlying issues and develop healthy coping mechanisms tailored to your specific cocaine recovery needs.
Group therapy is a powerful way for you to connect with others who are also on the recovery journey. It provides a supportive space for you to share your cocaine recovery experiences, receive and offer support and learn from each other.
Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
CBT is an evidence-based therapy that can help you identify and challenge negative thought patterns and beliefs that cause or result from your cocaine use. This will enable you to reframe negative thoughts and behaviours and prevent cocaine relapse.
During mindfulness and meditation sessions, you will learn to pay attention to your thoughts, feelings and sensations and gain a greater sense of clarity and insight. This will help you regulate your emotions and reaction and reduce stress and anxiety, all of which are crucial for cocaine recovery.
Art therapy is a non-verbal form of therapy that can help you express and process complex emotions and feelings. This will help you can work through difficult emotions that arise during cocaine recovery, and find greater meaning and purpose in your life when you leave cocaine rehab.
During family therapy, our therapists help loved ones develop healthier communication patterns and rebuild trust and relationships affected by cocaine use. Family therapy can also provide support and education for family members and help them develop coping mechanisms and strategies to support you on your cocaine recovery journey.
How to prevent cocaine relapse
Completing rehab treatment and returning to your everyday life can be challenging and being exposed to your triggers can lead to cocaine relapse. However, with the right support and resources, it is possible to prevent relapse and maintain long-term sobriety from cocaine. Here are some top tips for preventing relapse:
- Engage in aftercare: Banbury Lodge provides one year of free weekly group therapy for all our clients which can help prevent relapse and provide ongoing support during difficult moments after you leave cocaine rehab.
- Identify triggers and develop healthy coping mechanisms: These may be people, places or situations but using the skills you learned in cocaine rehab can be crucial in managing triggers without turning to cocaine to cope.
- Seek help if you are struggling: This means developing a strong support network of family, friends and peers in cocaine recovery and joining helpful support groups like Narcotics Anonymous and Cocaine Anonymous.
- Engage in healthy activities: Exercise, new hobbies and self-care can all help you take your mind off cocaine cravings and generally feel happier and healthier.
It is also important to remember that if you do relapse, it is not the end of the world. Speak to your support network, think hard about the reasons for the relapse and use it as a lesson to help you on your cocaine recovery journey.
Tips for a successful stay in cocaine rehab
A successful stay in cocaine rehab involves a commitment to the recovery process and a willingness to engage in therapy and treatment. Here are some tips for a successful stay in cocaine rehab:
- Be open and honest with your treatment team – They are there to help you and can provide the best care if they have a full understanding of your needs and challenges.
- Participate fully in cocaine recovery therapy sessions – This includes being present, actively engaging in discussions and completing homework assignments.
- Take care of yourself – Eat well, exercise and get enough rest to support your physical and emotional health.
- Build relationships with peers in recovery – They can provide a supportive community and help you feel less alone during cocaine rehab.
- Take advantage of all resources offered at cocaine rehab – This can include educational workshops, holistic therapies and aftercare programmes.
How to start cocaine rehab
Cocaine rehab can provide you with the support, resources and tools needed to overcome your condition and lead a fulfilling life in cocaine recovery. Contact Banbury Lodge today to find out more about how our cocaine rehab programme can help you kickstart your journey to recovery.